Supporting Cultural Change to Achieve Operational Excellence
Supporting operations management by developing metrics and reporting tools to drive organisational and cultural transformation
As Britain’s greenest energy supplier, Ecotricity are on a mission to replace fossil fuels with green energy. miPerform worked with them on a new leadership programme to give more accountability and information to agents and take pressure off managers. They wanted to get to a position of ‘no surprises’ for all performers, and coming out of Covid into an energy crisis, it was important to make any adaptations fast.
- Data from suppliers centred around the manager, not the performer.
- Reporting was focused on the wrong metrics to drive the new leadership principles.
- Limited ability of reporting metrics to allow instant intervention.
- Agents didn’t have the right data available to them. They still relied on managers to give them insight into their performance.
- Ecotricity wanted a platform that delivered a balanced scorecard of metrics, enabling a full 360 degree view of performance.
- Ability to introduce OTE to workforce.
- Provide the right operational agility to introduce new solutions for customers, including online chat.
- Build the solution, support and structure around operations.
- No big IT budget or resource required to implement.
- All levels of organisation have benefited from skills development
- Incentivised and motivated workforce
- Better customer service delivered more efficiently
- Moved from the bottom of the Citizens Advice Bureau league tables to the top quartile
- Simplified processes and saved management time
- Engagement and ownership is high amongst employees